[dns-operations] Looking for contact at integraonline.com / allstream.net

Frank Louwers frank at louwers.be
Wed Mar 24 07:34:36 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am looking for a DNS contact at integraonline.com / allstream.net. I tried hostmaster at integraonline.com, but haven't received any replies yet.

Problem is as follows:

It replies with the correct aa=1 bit when dnssec is enabled.

❯ dig ns2.business.allstream.net @ns.integraonline.com. +norec | grep flags
;; flags: qr ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096

vs

❯ dig ns2.business.allstream.net @ns.integraonline.com. +norec +dnssec | grep flags
;; flags: qr aa; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 1
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096

If anyone can forward this message or get me in touch with them, please do so. I am aware of at least one dns resolver (PowerDNS) which refuses to accept these RFC violating answers. A customer of mine operates a resolving DNS network with a large customer base in Canada, so they are impacted by this.

Kind Regards,

Frank