[dns-operations] Quad9 DNSSEC Validation?

Wes Hardaker wjhns1 at hardakers.net
Mon Mar 1 20:31:55 UTC 2021

"John Todd" <jtodd at quad9.net> writes:

> Zones under .GOV have been a continuous challenge, as have those
> within .MIL.

FYI, if you're interested in looking at hard facts, I'll direct your
attention to Viktor and my stats page that specifically looks for
percentage of working domains within TLDS.  If you go to
https://stats.dnssec-tools.org/ and look at the TLD graphs tab at the
bottom, you can compare each TLD along with its history of success in
DNSSEC valid subdomains.  As some examples, .com is currently sitting at
98.64% working, .org at 99.08%.  .gov sits in between at 98.95 (so
better than .com and .info).  We don't have subdomain data for .mil so
we can't calculate that working percentage.

You might wish to use this resource when deciding what TLDs to be placed
into an NTA, assuming that practice will continue.

--
Wes Hardaker
USC/ISI