[dns-operations] DNSViz please support DNSSEC algorithm Ed25519 (15)

Matthew Pounsett matt at dns-oarc.net
Tue Jan 19 19:59:09 UTC 2021

> On Dec 30, 2020, at 06:42, Arsen STASIC <arsen.stasic at univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
> Dear DNS-OARC,
>
> Could you please support DNSSEC algorithm Ed25519 (15)?
> I think Casey Deccio has already added support for Ed25519. [0]

Hi Arsen.

First, it’s generally better to address mail to OARC to an OARC address — we usually point people toward admin at dns-oarc.net for general support issues.  There’s also a feedback link on the DNSViz site itself (“Questions and Comments”) which gets prompt replies.  While we watch the public lists, it’s not really an official support forum. :)    I’m still a bit backed up on mailing lists after the holiday break, which is why I’ve been a bit slow to find/reply to this.

The DNSViz code does support ED25519, but (as Casey explained) the problem on the site is the underlying OpenSSL library.  That host is already on the list for a major overhaul, which would include an OS update, and I’m expecting to get to that within the next couple of weeks.

Matt Pounsett
DNS-OARC Systems Engineering