[dns-operations] Support for ED25519/ED448 DS records by OpenSRS

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Fri Feb 19 19:44:21 UTC 2021

In article <mailman.703.1613688247.2947.dns-operations at lists.dns-oarc.net> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>My OpenSRS reseller is unable to get them to support ED25519/ED448 DS
>records in .AU (I have a response from the administrator of the domain
>informing me that the registrar supports these algorithm types):
>
>> We're sorry but OpenSRS has stated that they cannot easily/quickly setup
>> support for these algorithms and to submit requests via their public forum
>> for support to be added.
>>
>> https://help.opensrs.com/hc/en-us/community/topics/200120733-Suggestions-Ideas

Opensrs works entirely through resellers (including their captive reseller Hover) via an XML API.
The API is klunky but it works, and it is nice that I can automatically add and update the DS
records for all my Tucows domains without having to screw around with web forms.

I would also like them to update the XML schema so it can accept algorithms 15 and 16 but before
they do that, they'll have to figure out which registries support them, what error codes come back
from registries that don't, and so forth.  If we complain enough, perhaps they'll move it up in
the backlist of changes.

R's,
John