[dns-operations] FW: Root Anchor Signature Update

Andres Pavez andres.pavez at iana.org
Thu Aug 12 17:56:38 UTC 2021

Greetings
This notice is perhaps of interest to this list.
Best regards,
--
Andres Pavez
Cryptographic Key Manager

On 8/12/21, 10:31, "root-dnssec-announce on behalf of Andres Pavez via root-dnssec-announce" <root-dnssec-announce-bounces at icann.org on behalf of root-dnssec-announce at icann.org> wrote:

    To Whom It May Concern,

    This is a notice that the signature file "root-anchors.p7s", a signature over the trust anchor file "root-anchors.xml", will be updated by the end of August 2021.
    The current signature file will expire in November 2021.

    We have taken this opportunity to generate the new "root-anchors.p7s" without intermediate certificates while the new “icannbundle.pem” file contains only the ICANN Root CA certificate in PEM format.

    We do not expect any issues with this change.

    We have created a temporary sub-directory containing these files in https://data.iana.org/root-anchors/stage/ should you want to preview this change. These files will be moved into the parent directory and the "stage" sub-directory will be removed by the end of August 2021

    Thank you,
    --
    Andres Pavez
    Cryptographic Key Manager