[dns-operations] systemd resolved ignores specified root

FUSTE Emmanuel emmanuel.fuste at thalesgroup.com
Wed Sep 16 14:31:59 UTC 2020

Le 16/09/2020 à 15:57, Peter van Dijk a écrit :
> Hello Derek,
>
> On Wed, 2020-09-16 at 12:30 +0000, Derek Wilson wrote:
>> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8967#issuecomment-391459667
>>
>> Apparently the trailing dot "thing" never hits the wire?
>
> That is correct. The DNS protocol has no concept of a trailing dot
> being present or not.
>
>> I probably yelled too much in that thread for it to be effective (sorry)
>
> Your comments in the thread are loud, rude, and almost consistently
> incorrect.
I would have said exactly the same from the developers response. I could
have done exactly the same comments due to my English language
limitations and being misinterpreted as such too.
Communications limitations ability/capability for any reason generate
violence.
That why even if I have a strong technical opinion about honoring
trailing dot signaling on fqdn to the resolver I will not try to
convince anyone and/or advocate on the case in the case tracker.
But I would like that this wonderful software continue to be even more
wonderful and not the contrary.
If you think that the actualy chosen resolved behavior is not the good
one it would be great if you could advocate on the case.

Regards,
Emmanuel.