[dns-operations] systemd resolved ignores specified root

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at powerdns.com
Wed Sep 16 13:57:21 UTC 2020

Hello Derek,

On Wed, 2020-09-16 at 12:30 +0000, Derek Wilson wrote:
> https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/8967#issuecomment-391459667
> Apparently the trailing dot "thing" never hits the wire?

That is correct. The DNS protocol has no concept of a trailing dot being present or not.

> I probably yelled too much in that thread for it to be effective (sorry)

Your comments in the thread are loud, rude, and almost consistently incorrect. You've shown some fine examples of the blatant disregard some users have for all this wonderful software they get for free, and the developers that put in effort to write that software. This demonstrates a messed up sense of entitlement and a total disrespect for developers that is all too common today.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk