[dns-operations] DNS Flag Day 2020

Vladimír Čunát vladimir.cunat+ietf at nic.cz
Fri Sep 11 15:59:09 UTC 2020

Hello.

On 2/8/20 8:33 AM, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't see a way to separately configure the *upstream*
> and *downstream* EDNS buffer sizes.

It's been long but for Knot Resolver we now merged that split, so since
the first post-flag-day release you can specify both values separately:
net.bufsize(down, up)  (equal if you only pass one number)

https://gitlab.nic.cz/knot/knot-resolver/-/merge_requests/1026

Separating IPv4 from IPv6 towards upstream would be complicated for us,
as one packet can be re-transmitted over both transports (and even TCP),
and so far I don't see that much motivation for it.

--Vladimir