[dns-operations] DNS Flag Day 2020 will become effective on 2020-10-01

Keith Mitchell keith at dns-oarc.net
Fri Sep 11 15:58:11 UTC 2020

On 9/11/20 12:47 AM, Paul Vixie wrote:

> i don't think all of the people i intend to address here have heard
> my views. they may think that dns-oarc speaks for the community
> rather than for a small self selected team. they may also think that
> i as co-founder of dns-oarc can be relied upon to support this
> activity.

To clarify, DNS Flag is not an OARC initiative, nor does OARC take a
position on whether a particular MTU size etc is a good idea or not. DNS
Flag Day is an initiative of the various vendors listed on its
"Supporters" page. OARC has not and does not claim to speak for the
community on this matter.

OARC's role here is to provide a platform for the community and its
Members (or subsets) when they act collectively for their various
projects, discussions and initiatives, e.g. mailing lists, test tools.
That is the extent of our support/involvement for DNS Flag Day, we try
not to take a position on protocol or implementation technology issues.

Keith