[dns-operations] Seeking Advice: RIPEstat no longer recognizes my sub-zone under .university

Robert Kisteleki robert at ripe.net
Mon Sep 7 09:52:50 UTC 2020

Hello,

> Since the main weakness of this domain is the lack of diversity in
> authoritative name servers' IP addresses, I guess that your problem
> comes from a routing issue between RIPE NCC and 158.108.0.0/16 (and
> 2406:3100::/32). Another guess (may be they're both true): the message
> "kasetsart.university is of an unsupported resource type. It should be
> a hostname." may come from a obsolete hardcoded list of TLDs at
> RIPEstat (the other names are ancient TLDs).

Indeed we needed to tend to RIPEstat to fix this. Christian writes in
his tweet:

"An operational change caused a regression in the parsing of domain
names on #RIPEstat and some new TLDs were not recognised. A fix has been
deployed! Apologies for this inconvenience."

https://twitter.com/christian_toysh/status/1302902462429396992

Cheers,
Robert