[dns-operations] Seeking Advice: RIPEstat no longer recognizes my sub-zone under .university

Ralf Weber dns at fl1ger.de
Mon Sep 7 09:01:17 UTC 2020

Moin!

On 7 Sep 2020, at 9:52, Pirawat WATANAPONGSE wrote:

> First of all, my apologies if my topic is wrong for this mailing list.
> If that’s the case, please kindly point me to the site/community
> that can
> help me.
>
> Today [2020-09-07],
> I notice that one of our zones, “kasetsart.university”, is no
> longer
> recognized by the RIPEstat Tool Suite [Reference:
> https://stat.ripe.net/widget/reverse-dns-ip#w.resource=158.108.216.5],
> although (I believe that) we have set it up the same way as any other
> zones
> under our care.
>
> The thing is... the suite used to work just fine until today.
>
> Background information: the “domain” in question is registered
> with GoDaddy
> [Reference: https://bgp.he.net/dns/kasetsart.university#_whois]
>
> Myself being a definite Amateur Level at this, I am out of my depth as
> how to further investigate this ‘symptom’.
Well there is nothing wrong with your DNS, so everybody should be able
resolve and reach your domain:

dig +short -x 158.108.216.5
ku.ac.th.
ku.th.
www.ku.ac.th.
www.ku.th.
www.kasetsart.org.
www.kasetsart.university.
www.kasetsart-university.org.
kasetsart.org.
kasetsart.university.
kasetsart-university.org.

dig +short kasetsart.university.
158.108.216.5

So I assume something with RIPE stats changed or failed. You can contact
them
at:
	stat at ripe.net

The one thing I noted though is that when I use a web browser to reach
	https://kasetsart.university
the certificate presented is for *.ku.ac.th and not
kasetsart.university.

So long
-Ralf
—--