[dns-operations] [Ext] Nameserver responses from different IP than destination of request

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Tue Sep 1 21:44:53 UTC 2020

BIND 9 isn’t setup to log these. They will fall under the stats counter mismatch but that also captures (some) duplicate responses and late responses.
This filters out is/address pairs that named is not expecting. The question section is tested later.

Dig will report these so you can test servers that you believe are broken.
--
Mark Andrews