[dns-operations] [Ext] Nameserver responses from different IP than destination of request

Andreas Ott andreas at naund.org
Tue Sep 1 19:15:28 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 8:00 PM P Vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:

> [...] the observation that something

bad is not happening to somebody doesn't mean it's not happening to anybody.

May I please ask an operational question to experts: though I am only
running a small number of authoritative and recursive servers, I am coming
up short looking up what logging I need to turn on in BIND 9.16 and what
logged strings I need to parse out to see responses coming from a different
IP? I have various log channels enabled per the BIND logging "FAQ" but
either I am missing config bits or the problem does not occur (on my
servers). This is in a network lab setup and I am able to share data.

Thanks, andreas