[dns-operations] [Ext] Progress on algorithm 5 and 7 decommissioning

Edward Lewis edward.lewis at icann.org
Wed Oct 14 17:33:15 UTC 2020

On 10/14/20, 12:29 PM, "dns-operations on behalf of Viktor Dukhovni" <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net on behalf of ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:

    On Wed, Oct 14, 2020 at 03:27:35PM +0000, Edward Lewis wrote:

    > This is visible in the attached chart of ccTLD "crypto-choices".  (I'm
    > on the agenda for ICANN 69's Tech Day to talk about DNSSEC in the
    > TLDs.  I'll have longer-term views of that chart in the slide deck,
    > this just focuses on 2020.)

    Is that a graph of algorithms used directly by the ccTLD to sign the
    ccTLD zone, or a graph of algorithms used by child domains of the
    ccTLDs?  My graphs for the latter, across all TLDs, not just ccTLDs,
    though the data is admittedly only as complete as the 80% to 90% or so
    of the various zones I'm able to scavenge when official feeds are not
    available.

The data is for the TLD (or the one-label name delegated from the root) itself, i.e., what's at the apex.

I don't have (special) access to what's inside any given ccTLD.  I mean, we can scrounge for available ccTLD zone files, but I couldn't "source" meaningful data just from that set.