[dns-operations] Public resolvers with EDNS Client Subnet

Alexander Dupuy alexdupuy at google.com
Thu Jun 25 16:11:50 UTC 2020

Willem replied to Jan:

> I do not have a list either, but I have counted resolvers on RIPE Atlas
> for which the o-o.myaddr.l.google.com. TXT query reports a ECS value.
> https://dnsthought.nlnetlabs.nl/does_ecs/#top_auth_asns
> Besides Google and OpenDNS, VeriSign is showing up there quite
> prominently too.

I think Willem meant to post this URL:
https://dnsthought.nlnetlabs.nl/does_ecs/#top_resolver_asns
which breaks it down by the resolver and not the authoritative server ASN.

The AS396566 ASN is Verisign Global Registry Services (presumably their
public DNS)

Thanks, Willem, for collecting this useful data.

@alex