[dns-operations] [Ext] Something happening in the root?

Ray Bellis ray at isc.org
Tue Feb 25 21:14:40 UTC 2020

On 25/02/2020 18:45, Paul Wouters wrote:

> I understand mistakes happen, and we can look forward at improved
> monitoring of the root zone and its anycast clouds. But this statement
> in the report seems a weak excuse for lowering the bar of expectations
> we have from root zone operators.

That statement was supposed to be more in the context of DNS server
implementors rather than operators.

In this particular event the failure was intermittent, dependent on the
previous pattern of queries to the server, and also dependent on the
zone being queried.  It was an edge case that wasn't being tested for,
but now is.

Ray