[dns-operations] Request for Help: Who is looking after .org DNSsec?

Jim Reid jim at rfc1035.com
Thu Feb 6 16:43:59 UTC 2020

> On 6 Feb 2020, at 09:08, Pirawat WATANAPONGSE <pirawat.w at ku.th> wrote:
>
> So I am now wondering whether we were contacting the wrong team, and register.com is no longer responsible for DNSsec operations of .org

register.com have never been responsible for the DNSSEC operations of .org. These lie with PIR, the .org registry.

If you’re having problems with the signed delegation for kasetsart.org, that’s almost certainly a matter for your registrar. Which appears to be register.com. You’ll need to contact them to find out how to get a new DS record(s) for that domain into the .org TLD.  [Just like you’d contact them to get the delegation’s NS records changed.] You will probably have to ask them why they’ve not done anything in response to your earlier attempts to update the DS record(s). Perhaps you’re talking to the wrong people at your registrar?

Another possible explanation is you’ve given register.com the wrong keying material and that is preventing the DS record(s) from being updated in .org because they wouldn’t point at the right KSK(s) in kasetsart.org? Though if that happened, you should have received error notifications.