[dns-operations] Monitoring for impending expiration of domains?

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Mon Dec 14 10:30:37 UTC 2020

> Il 14/12/2020 00:33 Fred Morris <m3047 at m3047.net> ha scritto:
>
> I would just like to be able to publish whois information if I /choose/
> to rather than, for instance, Hover's broken "whois privacy" toggle which
> toggles but doesn't do anything.

Well, one would expect that by now the 20-year-old "next generation Whois" efforts at ICANN would have produced a standard mechanism for registrants to receive credentials through which they can programmatically authenticate at the registry/registrar and receive the results of "new Whois" queries for their own domains in full, without the withdrawal of privacy-sensitive information. But I understand that these expectations are too much.

--
Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Office @ Via Treviso 12, 10144 Torino, Italy