[dns-operations] Monitoring for impending expiration of domains?

Simon Arlott simon at arlott.org
Mon Dec 14 10:05:36 UTC 2020

On 2020-12-14 08:13, Patrik Fältström via dns-operations wrote:
> The only advice that works is to choose registrar carefully and choose
> one which do handle the expiration / renewal process to whatever you
> want.
>
> This is not a technical issue.

The ideal registrar would let you auto-renew yearly N years before the
expiration date and send reminder emails continuously if this failed.

I'm not aware of any registrar that lets you do this. I had to decline
the offer of a free .uk domain from a previous ISP because they would
only do it at the expiry date, causing my WHOIS monitoring to go into
negative days remaining.

--
Simon Arlott