[dns-operations] Monitoring for impending expiration of domains?

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sun Dec 13 06:33:33 UTC 2020

On 13 Dec 2020, at 5:26, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> So my question to the list is, what can or should be done to help domain owners avoid a similar fate?

As it is today: You use a registrar that ensure your domain name never expires. If you have a good registrar, you simply buy that as a service, and you are fine.

People that "just get a registrar" from the shelf, believe all are equal, and get the one that is the cheapest, they end up having problems like these.

This is *exactly* one thing that differs between the services registrars give to their customers.

   Patrik