[dns-operations] Separating .ARPA operations from the root zone

John Levine johnl at taugh.com
Sat Aug 8 02:40:47 UTC 2020

In article <CE330A4B-E198-4805-B94F-86B06BA88CED at iana.org> you write:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>Folks,
>
>I wanted to draw attention to an Internet-Draft under development that seeks to remove the unique interdependency that
>the .arpa zone has with the root zone, by virtue of the zone being served by the root servers:
>
>            https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-iana-arpa-authoritative-servers-01.txt
>
>We are looking for additional review of the proposed changes before taking further steps.

It looks fine but I have a question.

One can download the .ARPA zone files from the same places as the root
zone, by https or ftp from internic.net and by AXFR from two icann.org
servers. Will that change? As far as I know it's not documented
anywhere; you just have to know it's in the same places as the root.

R's,
John
--
Regards,