[dns-operations] Link-local IP addresses for a resolver?

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Sep 24 19:13:23 UTC 2019

Florian Weimer <fw at deneb.enyo.de> wrote:

> We added scope ID support to /etc/resolv.conf in upstream glibc a
> couple of years ago, in 2008.  I can easily see that others may not
> have done this, so I agree that there could be problems.

I did a bit of a survey in 2014 and found that prominent DNS
libraries didn't support link-local addresses back then
http://lists.cluenet.de/pipermail/ipv6-ops/2014-July/010035.html
Maybe it's better now :-)

Tony.
North Shannon, South Rockall: Cyclonic becoming westerly or southwesterly, 3
to 5, occasionally 6 in north Shannon. Very rough becoming rough, then
becoming moderate later in south Rockall. Rain or showers. Good, occasionally
poor.