[dns-operations] Experiences with a post 2019 Flag Day Resolver

Shumon Huque shuque at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 01:05:54 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 17, 2019 at 6:48 AM Vladimír Čunát <vladimir.cunat at nic.cz>
wrote:

> On 9/16/19 8:21 PM, Shumon Huque wrote:
>
> actually I didn't get around to testing Knot yet, since the few minutes I
> devoted to figuring out how to use build tools unfamiliar to me like
> Ninja/Meson wasn't enough - will try to learn them later
>
> For a quick try you shouldn't need to build anything, as we provide
> packages for multiple distributions and even an experimental docker image:
> https://www.knot-resolver.cz/download/  If you found some stumbling
> blocks or have other suggestions, write us... though perhaps for longer
> threads we should use a different place, e.g.
> knot-resolver-users at lists.nic.cz

Thank you Vladimir -- I did manage to do it eventually, so I've now added a
Knot Resolver 4.2.0 to my testbed. I'll follow-up on your list if I have
further questions.

I spot checked some of the entries from our list of failing domains, and as
expected they pass (since Knot, in its default configuration, does not send
any EDNS options in its outbound queries).

--
Shumon Huque