[dns-operations] DNS vendors - please add DoT and DoH to your products

Ondřej Surý ondrej at sury.org
Wed Oct 30 15:48:57 UTC 2019

To all prospective users of DoT and DoH:
   Please consider funding the development work for your favourite open-source DNS server. :)

No really, this is going to take a significant amount of a development time to do it
properly (and not just slap something on top of existing DNS), so please talk to your
favourite DNS server vendor about supporting the work.

Even contributing the time to test the code (well, when it’s there) and working with
your favourite DNS vendor in a positive way how to improve it, would be helpful.

As is testing the cross-vendor compatibility and such. There’s only that much work
one can do and I think I am speaking for all of the open-source DNS servers that
our development resources are already spread very thin.

Ondrej