[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

David Conrad drc at virtualized.org
Fri Oct 11 08:48:39 UTC 2019

Adam,

On Oct 11, 2019, at 12:36 AM, Adam Vallee <adam.vallee at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:40 AM David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org <mailto:drc at virtualized.org>> wrote:
> Adam,
>
> I’d recommend reading "A Proposed Governance Model for the DNS Root Server System” (https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-037-15jun18-en.pdf <https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-037-15jun18-en.pdf>)
>
> Regards,
> -drc
> I think you are only helping my point, in that it says the following in that document:
> 7.RSOs must operate with integrity and an ethos demonstrating a commitment to the common good of the Internet.
> 11.RSOs must be neutral and impartial.
>
> Cogent is not activating in a commitment to the common good of the internet, and they are not neutral nor impartial.

I have no comment on Cogent’s behavior in this context, however I think you missed my point.

RSSAC 37 is a proposal. It has not been implemented as yet, so it’s a bit hard to apply it in this particular case.

More directly, today, there are no agreements that dictate what root server operators must do.

Regards,
-drc