[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Fri Oct 11 00:51:17 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 06:25:41PM -0400, Matthew Pounsett wrote:

> The speculation I've seen is that Cogent refuses to treat HE as a Tier1
> network in v6 because they don't try to also be one in v4, but that they
> should because HE's v6 network is much wider reaching and much longer
> established than Cogent's.  In any case, Cogent's refusal to peer with HE
> over v6 has been very public and well documented.  It makes Cogent
> unreachable from a significant portion of the v6 network.

It has perhaps not been as well known as it deserves to be.  Perhaps
additional publicity here (and any other relevant fora), might nudge
the parties closer to a resolution.  The non-reachability of the
IPv6 C root from a significant portion of IPv6 space is not a healthy
situation.

The error is immediately apparent via DNSViz:

    https://dnsviz.net/d/root/dnssec/

--
	Viktor.