[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

Matthew Pounsett matt at conundrum.com
Thu Oct 10 22:25:41 UTC 2019

On Thu, 10 Oct 2019 at 17:26, Jared Mauch <jared at puck.nether.net> wrote:

> > i believe this statement to be false
>
>         i know of at least 2 transit providers..

Both providing v4 transit, not v6, yes?

The speculation I've seen is that Cogent refuses to treat HE as a Tier1
network in v6 because they don't try to also be one in v4, but that they
should because HE's v6 network is much wider reaching and much longer
established than Cogent's.  In any case, Cogent's refusal to peer with HE
over v6 has been very public and well documented.  It makes Cogent
unreachable from a significant portion of the v6 network.