[dns-operations] glitch on [ip6|in-addr].arpa?

Adam Vallee adam.vallee at gmail.com
Thu Oct 10 20:36:32 UTC 2019

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019 at 10:40 AM David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> wrote:

> Adam,
>
> I’d recommend reading "A Proposed Governance Model for the DNS Root
> Server System” (
> https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/rssac-037-15jun18-en.pdf)
>
> Regards,
> -drc

I think you are only helping my point, in that it says the following in
that document:
7.RSOs must operate with integrity and an ethos demonstrating a commitment
to the common good of the Internet.
11.RSOs must be neutral and impartial.

Cogent is not activating in a commitment to the common good of the
internet, and they are not neutral nor impartial.

More to my point, I believe that it is fundamental that the DNS system
stays a distributed system, and that the root-servers be maintained and
operated "to the common good of the internet". It is bad enough that the G
and H servers are only operated at a few locations, we generally rely on D,
E, F, and L root servers in Canada, because none of the other operators
will allow Canadian based ISPs or IXPs to host them. (this is an issue.)

And now we have this push to DoH and DoT which is the biggest false flag
that I have ever witnessed, and its only real intent is to put more power
in the hands of a few already powerful organizations, that will use the
data mined from their users to build advertising profiles. DoH and DoT have
only become a thing since GDPR. Why is no one saying anything?

Anyway, I hope you can see where I am coming from.
Adam Vallee