[dns-operations] Questions about my domain's DNS

Peter Koch pk at denic.de
Mon Nov 25 14:38:22 UTC 2019

On Mon, Nov 25, 2019 at 10:20:17PM +0800, Wesley Peng wrote:

> When I changed name servers in registrar, won’t they be registered into DE’s servers automatically? Thank you.

without knowing details about the registrar/reseller chain that you might be
using, informing the registrar of such a change is a prerequisite for the
delegation to change at the TLD level.  That means, the registrar will
change the respective entries in the TLD registry.  In the case of DE,
the current (sic!) cadence of zone publication is once per hour, which makes you
incur a delay of up to two ours in the worst case.  Meanwhile, your changes
have made it into the DE zone (as published trough the DE TLD nameservers).

-Peter