[dns-operations] [EXT] Monitoring DNS BIND with SNMP ?

Nicholas Chappell nick at intronic.org
Tue Nov 12 18:43:41 UTC 2019

I'll second the recommendation for the stats channel/port, but will also suggest a few other tools that can help with the query rate issue.

This little project can parse the XML output from the stats channel and make it available on an HTTP endpoint in Prometheus format:

https://github.com/digitalocean/bind_exporter

Prometheus has a built-in grapher, but it's really basic. Grafana can chart data from a Prometheus server and is much more full-featured: https://grafana.com/