[dns-operations] Can Root DNS server modify the response?

Vittorio Bertola vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Fri Mar 29 07:18:08 UTC 2019

> Il 28 marzo 2019 alle 17.48 David Conrad <drc at virtualized.org> ha scritto:
>
>     Vittorio,
>
>     This is the kind of pointless rhetoric that makes discussions so useful. Thanks.

I agree that the thread may have drifted off topic, but you were justifying distrusting an entire constituency because of the actions of a few members, and letting another group of companies unilaterally decide retribution and use that distrust to replace them all, and I find this unhelpful and divisive (though you are certainly not the only one using this argument). So I thought that an analogy would make it immediately clear how dangerous such a precedent would be and how it could play in the future. No offense intended :-)
Regards,

--

Vittorio Bertola | Head of Policy & Innovation, Open-Xchange
vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com mailto:vittorio.bertola at open-xchange.com
Office @ Via Treviso 12, 10144 Torino, Italy