[dns-operations] Questions on DNS Flag day 2020 proposal

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Thu Jul 4 08:41:38 UTC 2019

Hi Lee and Barry,

On 7/3/19 11:50 PM, Barry Raveendran Greene wrote:

>> On Jul 3, 2019, at 09:01, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> followed by
>> Q: Will this Flag Day require a DNS software update?
>> Q: Will this Flag Day require DNS configuration changes?
>> Q: Will this Flag Day require firewall changes?
> Q. Will this require a change of DNS Authoritative server hardware?
> Q. Will we need to change the capacity model for our DNS Authoritative infrastructure? Will we need to add more capacity?
> Q. Will we need to make changes on our load balancer and firewalls which are in front of the DNS Authoritative servers? Will we need to add more capacity?
> Q. What will happen if we do nothing? Could this DNS Flag day disrupt our business?

Most of these questions are answered on the 2020 pages, please make sure
you read all of the page and if you still feel you have questions you
can make an issue per question on:

  <https://github.com/dns-violations/dnsflagday/issues>

Or if the question is already an issue please up-vote it, when enough
people ask the same question then we can try and answer it and add it as
a frequently asked question.

To anyone that wants to help, when the questions come in please feel
free to try and answer them in the issue.

Cheers,
Jerry