[dns-operations] Questions on DNS Flag day 2020 proposal

Barry Raveendran Greene bgreene at senki.org
Wed Jul 3 21:50:10 UTC 2019

> On Jul 3, 2019, at 09:01, Lee <ler762 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> followed by
> Q: Will this Flag Day require a DNS software update?
> Q: Will this Flag Day require DNS configuration changes?
> Q: Will this Flag Day require firewall changes?
Q. Will this require a change of DNS Authoritative server hardware?
Q. Will we need to change the capacity model for our DNS Authoritative infrastructure? Will we need to add more capacity?
Q. Will we need to make changes on our load balancer and firewalls which are in front of the DNS Authoritative servers? Will we need to add more capacity?
Q. What will happen if we do nothing? Could this DNS Flag day disrupt our business?