[dns-operations] dnsperf v2.2.0 released (Was: dnsperf has moved to OARC)

Jerry Lundström jerry at dns-oarc.net
Fri Jan 25 13:56:54 UTC 2019

On 1/18/19 7:59 AM, Jerry Lundström wrote:
> As with all our projects, dnsperf will be compiled and tested on the
> latest stable release of Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD and OpenBSD
> along with various CI and code analysis tools. Packages will become
> available with the v2.2.0 release for multiple versions of Debian,
> Ubuntu, CentOS, RHEL, Fedora, openSUSE and SLE. For more information on
> all this please see:

This is a one-off email to announce the release of dnsperf v2.2.0!

First release by DNS-OARC with a rework of the code to use autotools,
semantic versioning 2.0 and bugfixes pulled from other's forks.

Packages are available at:

  https://dev.dns-oarc.net/packages/

Bugfixes:
- Fix infinite loop in argument parsing
- Fix min/max latency summing for multithreaded runs
- Fix calculation of per_thread socket counts
- Fixes to queryparse
  - Mark correctly end of file
  - Support python3
  - Stop looping on end of file undefinitely
- Fix compilation issues and work around missing `dns_fixedname_initname()`
- Clang `scan-build` fixes

Other changes:
- add "configure --with-bind" option
- Handle bind library changes to HMAC (see #22) and other differences
  between versions
- Workaround issue on FreeBSD (see #23)
- Use `snprintf()` and OpenBSD's `strlcat()`
- Add/update build dependencies for Debian, Ubuntu, CentOS, FreeBSD
  and OpenBSD

Cheers,
Jerry