[dns-operations] DNSViz Relocates to DNS-OARC

Matthew Pounsett matt at dns-oarc.net
Fri Feb 1 21:38:18 UTC 2019

OARC is pleased to announce that dnsviz.net has moved to join many other tools
that we support for the DNS community.

DNSViz, Casey Deccio's excellent DNSSEC debugging tool, was initially
developed and hosted at Sandia National Laboratories, and has been hosted most
recently at Verisign.  We'd like to thank them both for providing that service
for many years, and Verisign for donating the hardware that DNSViz will
continue to live on in the near future.  We're happy to be picking up the
torch!

Casey continues to be the primary developer and maintainer of the application,
while OARC takes on the role of hosting and operating the online service.

Unfortunately, we will be without the historical functions of the tool for a
little over a week while the hardware is in transit between data centers, and
DNSVIZ runs on an interim platform. Full access to the historical data will be
restored once the hardware is brought back online during the week of February
11th.

Matt Pounsett
DNS-OARC Systems Engineering