[dns-operations] root? we don't need no stinkin' root!

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Wed Dec 11 23:21:59 UTC 2019

Matthew Pounsett <matt at conundrum.com> wrote:

> I have yet to witness anyone splitting the NS change up into multiple
> IANA requests.

Amazon did it with their TLDs earlier this year, which is notable because
there were/are so many of them. There have been plenty of other examples
of staged switch-overs.

https://github.com/fanf2/saveroot/commit/9fca29c21fbd1ce61fe56308a86da4bc10f6c18e
(2019-04-23 13:33)

https://github.com/fanf2/saveroot/commit/a35e56c2801df2e3aa7cd4cbc0b3760d484ac5a3
(2019-04-09 18:33)

Sadly github refuses to display root zone diffs, but if you want to clone
a few GB it comes with an ns-only summarizer, amongst others.

Tony.
Shannon, South Rockall: Westerly or southwesterly 6 to gale 8, perhaps severe
gale 9 later. Very rough or high. Rain or showers. Good, occasionally poor.