[dns-operations] root? we don't need no stinkin' root!

Florian Weimer fw at deneb.enyo.de
Wed Dec 11 20:16:54 UTC 2019

* Jason Livingood:

> Seems like the answer then is to have the resolver check for updates
> more frequently. The file is tiny and so this is not in the least
> going to be resource-intensive. Just check every XX minutes.

I had hoped that we could use distribution update mechanisms for the
zone, like we do today for the initial set of priming targets for the
root, or for tzdata.  But that's clearly not enough.

The real question is whether any distribution will be a substantial
improvement over what we have today with NSEC-based NXDOMAIN synthesis
for the root.  I doubt it.