[dns-operations] Help for DNS queries in webservice

Paulina pyh at geocast.net
Mon Aug 5 09:59:25 UTC 2019

Hello,

We have a mp2 handler which make a lot of DNS queries during its running
time. Some queris are sent to the strange domains such as .live, .club,
.design, .media, .digital, .market etc. I promise I never saw the
domains strange as those.

Unlike the popular domains such as .com, .net, .org etc, which have
solid DNS servers and powerful networks for queries. Those small TLDs
have poor networks for DNS queries I may think. Thre are a lot of
timeout in the logs.

I have been using Net::DNS::Resolver for DNS queries in handler. Can you
suggest a better way to improve it? maybe AnyEvent::DNS etc?

Thanks & Yours,
Paulina