[dns-operations] Bad ISPs, DoH and user choice (was Re: Can Root DNS server modify the response?)

Hellqvist, Björn bjorn.hellqvist at teliacompany.com
Mon Apr 1 14:33:37 UTC 2019

Hi,

This might also be a violation of GDPR, where is specifically says that configuration options should be opt-in and with good explanation on each option.

Also Cloud-based DoH might somewhat work in Consumer area, but in the Enterprise area there are a lot of zones that are either totally hidden or in split-views, where internal DNS resolvers are needed for specific data. It could also intentionally or unintentional, depending on which side you are on, leak internal data. This part is rarely mentioned when proposing DoH.

BR,
Bjorn Hellqvist
Senior System Expert (Internet, DNS & Automation)
Telia Company
Solna, Sweden