[dns-operations] DNSSEC quality by TLD

Marc Groeneweg Marc.Groeneweg at sidn.nl
Thu May 17 15:05:18 UTC 2018

Viktor,

I understand. But there's still a big gap between the numbers you report for .nl, and the actual numbers seen at our registry for .nl. As stated, from the 5.810.123 .nl domains, 3.027.173 domains are signed. From the statistics run today with our DNSSEC validation monitor, 2675 domains do not have a signed delegation and 3618 don't have a NSEC3 signed nxdomain answer.

Regards,
Marc

On 17/05/2018, 16:15, "dns-operations on behalf of Viktor Dukhovni" <dns-operations-bounces at dns-oarc.net on behalf of ietf-dane at dukhovni.org> wrote:

    > On May 17, 2018, at 3:39 AM, Marc Groeneweg <Marc.Groeneweg at sidn.nl> wrote:
    >
    > The .nl count isn't update to the latest numbers:
    > Total DNSSEC 3026839 (DS records)

    Yes, the counts I posted are my generally incomplete sample sizes,
    these are the right denominators for the fractions of domains
    observed to work.  If my samples are not too skewed, the fractions
    should be close to the true fractions for all registered domains.
    Note also that I'm aggregating data for various public suffix
    2LDs (like .co.uk and .ac.uk, or .com.br and .net.br) under their
    TLD, I could provide a breakdown by immediate parent zone which
    would fragment some TLDs into smaller "islands", where perhaps
    the ratios would vary substantially by parent 2LD (or in a few
    cases 3LD).

    For .com, .name, .net, .org, .se, .nu, .fr and a bunch of the gTLDs
    I am processing zone data from ICANN's CZDS the numbers are the true
    numbers with a bit of hysteresis.

    --
    	Viktor.