[dns-operations] DNSSEC quality by TLD

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Thu May 17 13:27:21 UTC 2018

> On May 17, 2018, at 3:39 AM, Marc Groeneweg <Marc.Groeneweg at sidn.nl> wrote:
>
> The .nl count isn't update to the latest numbers:
> Total DNSSEC 3026839 (DS records)

Yes, the counts I posted are my generally incomplete sample sizes,
these are the right denominators for the fractions of domains
observed to work.  If my samples are not too skewed, the fractions
should be close to the true fractions for all registered domains.
Note also that I'm aggregating data for various public suffix
2LDs (like .co.uk and .ac.uk, or .com.br and .net.br) under their
TLD, I could provide a breakdown by immediate parent zone which
would fragment some TLDs into smaller "islands", where perhaps
the ratios would vary substantially by parent 2LD (or in a few
cases 3LD).

For .com, .name, .net, .org, .se, .nu, .fr and a bunch of the gTLDs
I am processing zone data from ICANN's CZDS the numbers are the true
numbers with a bit of hysteresis.

--
	Viktor.