[dns-operations] DNS over TLS: slowly happening

Tony Finch dot at dotat.at
Tue Jun 26 19:07:02 UTC 2018

John Todd <jtodd at quad9.net> wrote:

> I will try to again force myself into the habit of using the full, lumpy
> “DNS-over-TLS” phrasing unless there is a preferred shorthand to lop
> a few letters out of there and acronym-ize the acronyms.

I'm inclined to talk about DoH and DoT, or maybe DoTLS and DoTCP if
disambiguation is needed. And maybe (after the working group name that
didn't quite make it) DonT - DNS over new transports - if you want a term
to cover TLS, DTLS, HTTPS, etc. usw.

Tony.
Shannon, Rockall, Malin: Southeast 4 or 5, becoming variable 4 later. Slight
or moderate. Fog patches developing. Moderate, occasionally very poor.