[dns-operations] Anyone on this list from Arbor Networks (or know a solid engineering contact)?

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Tue Jun 19 07:05:12 UTC 2018

On 19 Jun 2018, at 12:35, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

>  due to a misconfigured Arbor Networks firewall,

To clarify, Arbor Network doesn't produce firewalls, but rather
intelligent DDoS mitigation systems, or IDMSes.

> in which DNS filters were enabled that drop queries for all but the
> most common RR types.

I'm unaware of any feature in Arbor products which by default does
what's being described; operators of our IDMSes do have the ability to
filter packets, including DNS queries, but they're typically
operator-configurable.

Please feel free to ping me directly so that we can understand the
details better, and go from there.

Thanks for reaching out, and to Barry for cc'ing me directly!