[dns-operations] blockchain DNS

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jan 29 16:33:23 UTC 2018

[Warning, we are drifting far away from the DNS…]

On Sat, Jan 27, 2018 at 02:16:35PM -0500,
 John R Levine <johnl at taugh.com> wrote
 a message of 30 lines which said:

> nobody's figured out how to do for free the useful part of what
> Elsevier does, gatekeepers and reviewers who find the
> publication-worthy stuff in the mountain of garbage.

It is done *today* for free. Reviewers are *not* paid by Elsevier,
they are sometimes paid by their university for (among others) this
job, and sometimes not paid at all. Reviewing is useful, but it's not
done by Elsevier.