[dns-operations] Destroying HSMs

wbrown at e1b.org wbrown at e1b.org
Tue Feb 6 15:50:22 UTC 2018

From: "Ted Cooper" <ml-dnsops13k at linuxwan.net>

> Favourite line:
>
> "9. CA and Contractor performs the destruction of each HSM part
repeatedly."

> .. but with which tool! I can only imagine that an unspecified "Tool G"
> is a 10 pound sledge hammer, although that does make it slightly harder
> for "10. CA and IW1 collects all the pieces of the destroyed HSM parts,
> then gives it to RKOS for proper disposal."

I'm curious how they will get a steam roller into the ceremony room.

Confidentiality Notice:
This electronic message and any attachments may contain confidential or
privileged information, and is intended only for the individual or entity
identified above as the addressee. If you are not the addressee (or the
employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the addressee), or if this
message has been addressed to you in error, you are hereby notified that
you may not copy, forward, disclose or use any part of this message or any
attachments. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail or
telephone and delete this message from your system.