[dns-operations] [Ext] Destroying HSMs

Punky Duero punky.duero at iana.org
Thu Feb 1 19:40:52 UTC 2018

> On Feb 1, 2018, at 9:42 AM, Luis E. Muñoz <dns-operations at lem.click> wrote:
> On 31 Jan 2018, at 16:50, Ted Cooper wrote:
>> Favourite line:
>> "9. CA and Contractor performs the destruction of each HSM part repeatedly.”

Indeed :)

>> .. but with which tool! I can only imagine that an unspecified "Tool G"
>> is a 10 pound sledge hammer, although that does make it slightly harder
>> for "10. CA and IW1 collects all the pieces of the destroyed HSM parts,
>> then gives it to RKOS for proper disposal."
>
> Will it blend?

All destroyed parts of both decommissioned HSMs are placed inside a bag (mixed with all sorts of internal parts) and brought back to ICANN.

To ensure safety of all folks inside the room, only the Ceremony Administrator, Internal Witness and Contractor will perform the process specified on the administrative ceremony script.

-
Punky Duero