[dns-operations] EDNS flag day

Petr Špaček petr.spacek at nic.cz
Wed Aug 8 11:50:51 UTC 2018

On 8.8.2018 13:29, Tony Finch wrote:
> Petr Špaček <petr.spacek at nic.cz> wrote:
>>
>> Speaking of breakage faced by operators ... Maybe almost nobody will
>> notice.
>
> Well, if Qwest and Barclays and one or two others fix their servers I can
> remove my EDNS blacklist...
>
>> For the record there are some code changes already, e.g.
>
> Ah, that's the kind of thing I was expecting, thanks!
>
> I think the dnsflagday.net site would be more reassuring if it had a
> section aimed at resolver operators explaining how the flag day will
> affect them (or rather, us).

Good idea!

Could you provide a paragraph or two with the information you are missing?

I'm involved with this effort for so long that I'm not sure what what
needs to be explicitly mentioned and what is obvious ...

Pull requests on
https://github.com/dns-violations/dnsflagday/pulls
are more than welcome!

--