[dns-operations] Cloudflare DNS resolver (1.1.1.1): Weird DNSSEC race condition

Marek Vavruša marek at vavrusa.com
Fri Aug 3 23:12:58 UTC 2018

This is due to the way how Knot Resolver deals with insecure
delegations currently. If the delegation doesn't have a DS, resolver
will remember the delegation as insecure and turn off DNSSEC until the
record expires from cache. The current cache maximum TTL is 3 hours,
which is when the NS+DS+DNSKEY was refetched. I've opened a ticket to
track this here
https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/knot/knot-resolver/issues/391

Marek