[dns-operations] Who here is keeping a curated list of public resolvers?

John Dickinson jad at sinodun.com
Fri Apr 13 15:35:05 UTC 2018

On 13 Apr 2018, at 2:05, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> Greetings. I've been keeping a curated list of public resolvers and
> was wondering if others had as well. In this case, I'm calling a
> public resolver one who has a web page telling people their public
> addresses and maybe a bit about their policies, not just "an address
> that appears to be an open resolver". I then use this to make a zone
> with subzones to make walking the list programmatically a bit easier.
> (This is a personal project, not something I'm doing for ICANN.)
>
> I'm thinking of making this public on GitHub, but would kind of like
> to have it be more complete than what I probably have. If anyone here
> has a list that I might merge in, that would be grand.

If you want to include the test privacy servers then there is a list at
https://dnsprivacy.org/wiki/display/DP/DNS+Privacy+Test+Servers. Note
that not all these servers have their own web page but in all cases the
operators have agreed that we can publish the details of their service.

We will be adding the DOH servers soon.

regards
John

John Dickinson