[dns-operations] B-Root to be renumbered in October

Costantino Andrea (Con) andrea.costantino at h3g.it
Tue Sep 5 08:50:33 UTC 2017

Ciao,

yes, the checkhints log can really be annoying, but it's the only side effect of a Root renumbering, at least for bind.

The other side effect, not really related to root-operation, is the time that software packagers take to update the hints file, so you might install a fresh linux box and still retain an old hints file for 3-6 months after the actual change, so double check it anytime you install a recursive resolver pointing to root (if you daisy chain recursive resolver, only the internet facing needs to be updated).

Ciao,
A.